New Faces: Mrs. Ranade, Chemistry Teacher

Among the slew of new teachers to come to Central in the past few years, Mrs. Ranade is among those with the most experience. Having taught for over 28 years at a multitude of different institutions, it is clear that she has a true passion for her profession. When hearing about someone with such an illustrious career, it begs one to ask: how did it all begin? For Mrs. Ranade, it began with her family. With her entire family having some sort of teaching career, she had a natural predilection towards the profession. Before she came to Central, she worked as a chemistry professor at Robert Morris University, teaching freshman and sophomores. However, she eventually felt that her expertise would be better utilized teaching high school students; preparing them for college classes like her own at Robert Morris. In fact, that is the whole purpose of her high school chemistry course: to make sure we are prepared for the advanced and rigorous curricular work of a college class. Mrs. Ranade says that the flexibility of the lesson plan is what enables her to do this, which she says is her favorite aspect of teaching at Central. And with the amenities in the new STEM building, she has all the means necessary to produce students ready to take on advanced college science courses.