Spirit Week Recap

Five days out of the year the Central Catholic community dedicates a week to boost school spirit and all around morale. This week is a sweet escape from all the hard work and studying done throughout the year yet we still have some work we have to do. Last week was when our spirit week took place. To celebrate the activities we did and to cherish the week here is a quick recap on how the week went.

Monday was the pizza day where student council purchased pizzas from Aiello’s and Mineo’s. Aiello’s pizza ran out much quicker than Mineo’s which wasn’t a surprising outcome since Aiello’s is popular among the Central Catholic student body. Student council made a good amount of money from this event.

Tuesday we had the student video about the teachers and jeopardy. The video featured Sam Tebbs playing Mr. Bazila and Liam Slattery playing Mr. Macurak. Needless to say they killed the roles. The rest of the video was about the mystery of John Stone. If you haven’t checked it out yet I suggest you should. Here’s the link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O0bC080-Bb0. Next we had jeopardy which featured 3 teams. Team 1 was the Science Nerds who consisted of Mr. Krotec, Dr. Billardi, and Dr. Leonard. Team 2 was the humanities team consisting of Mr. Cope, Mr. Rooney, and Ms. Abondanza. Lastly was the student team who consisted of The Sipe brothers, Owen O’Malley, and Simon Hebert. Students didn’t do too hot, but it’s ok we’ll get ’em next year!

Wednesday was the carnival on the quad which was very fun. During free periods or lunch students could go out to the quad and enjoy some good food and games. There was spike ball, ping pong, cornhole, chick-fil-a, and snow cones. Student council made some very good hot dogs that were only a dollar.

Next we had the dodgeball games on Thursday. First game was seniors against freshmen and the seniors beat them by a mile. Next was sophomores and juniors, surprisingly the juniors lost due to an outstanding performance by Declan Folan. Talk about an underdog! Overall the seniors beat the sophomore in a roaring defeat.

On Friday we had the student-teacher basketball game, the most popular of them all.

Like every year the teachers beat the students due to Mr. Goldcamp putting the team on his back and Chuck Crummie draining a couple 3’s. Tensions were high during the game because the students keep waiting for the year of the downfall of the teachers. A surprise appearance from Mr. Nogay was also much appreciated throughout the student body.

Overall this week was one for the books. Maybe next year the students will beat Mr. Goldcamp and the Crummie’s and rise to victory. But for now it’s back to the books. Finish out the school year well guys.