Student Council Update – Spirit Week Events

The Oval Office of Central Catholic is deeming the week of April 19-22 our annual Spirit Week. Kicking off the week, Tuesday, the 19th Student Council will be hosting the 2nd Annual Aiello’s/Mineo’s Pizza Competition during lunch periods in the cafeteria (or the quad depending on weather). The pizza that sells the most wins the competition. Each slice will be $2.

On Wednesday, April 20th, Student Council will hold an after school corn hole tournament. So get your squad together and hash it out on the quad.On Thursday, April 21, we will hold the first ever Family Feud style game show. The students will face off against the teachers to see who is the brainy-ear of the school (hopefully the students win do we can feel better about the outcome of the annual student versus faculty basketball game).

Friday, April 22 is designated as a Central Themed Dress Down Day. Underclassmen should wear their Central swag while Seniors will be able wear the shirts of their colleges and universities.  The fifth and final day of spirit week also holds the age old student/faculty basketball game. Thus far the teachers have bested the students, but only because they take the other 364 days leading up to train in a quasi Rocky training montage. But nonetheless it will be a game to remember. This Spirit Week will be one to remember. A detailed schedule is provided below. See any member of student council in homeroom SL413 or Mr. Zetzer with questions.

Spirit Week Schedule

• Tuesday, April 19
    Aiello’s/Mineo’s Pizza Competition
    Pizza will be sold in the cafeteria (or quad depending on weather) during lunch periods.
    Pizza is $2/slice.
    The pizza that sells the most wins the competition.
  • Wednesday, April 20
    Corn Hole Tournament, 3 – 4:30 p.m.
    The Corn Hole Club will hold a bracketed tournament with Oakland Catholic.
    Anyone interested is welcome to sign-up. Sign-up sheets will be posted in March.
  • Thursday, April 21
    Central Catholic Family Feud Competition (Auditorium)
    Afternoon Assembly Schedule
    Students will receive a survey for the questions emailed to them in March.
    There will be one student from each grade level versus predetermined teachers.
  • Friday, April 22
    FREE Dress Down Day
    All freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are required to wear Central swag in some capacity (t-shirt, sweatshirt, etc.) Seniors should wear a shirt from where they are attending college.
    Student/Faculty Basketball Game (Afternoon Assembly Schedule)