A Final Freshmen Reflection

As the 2016-2017 school year draws to a close, I, a freshman would like to reflect on my first year here at Central Catholic. Central has shown me much more than I thought it would. I simply thought that moving on to high school would be simple. I would just move from one school to the next. Simple. However, after this year, I realize that this is not the case. Coming to Central Catholic has shown me that going to high school is not just a transition, it is an experience. The experience I am talking about is not just the academics, but the community of the school. Our school’s community is filled with teachers and students who give the school the legacy it has today. This experience is why I enjoy coming to this school.

Originally, I thought that the teachers and administration would be extremely strict. They would be cracking down on us on everything and expect nothing but perfection of us. But this is not true. The teachers, rather than being strict and expecting the world of us, look out for the best of us and want us to succeed to the best of our abilities. And the administration, rather than becoming mad over all incidents, look out for the students’ best interest and want us to succeed. Along with the administration the guidance counselors were more involved with student life than I had expected. Going into Central, I thought that they would have been cooped up in their offices and we have go to them for help. Rather, they come to us, and where yes, we have to come to them for help, they encourage us coming to them for help. Just today, the counselors had a class where they had us freshman set up accounts so that we could begin looking into colleges. They are preparing us for our future as early as freshman year.

With all of this put into my mind, Central has definitely left a mark on me this year. This “mark” is what makes me want to continue my education here. I am sincerely looking forward to what Central has to offer me my Sophomore, Junior, and Senior years. The teachers and administration have shown me that Central is a great place. They have shown me that it is more that just a school; it is something that one will remember for years to come. Since these people have shown me what Central truly is on the outside I would like to say thank you.