Ethan Williams

Ethan+Williams

Ethan Williams, though now but a senior at Central Catholic, envisions himself leading a comfortable life as a successful businessman far off into the future. I spoke to Ethan about his time at Central Catholic, his plans for the future, and what has made the biggest impact on him during his high school career.

Ethan has plenty of teachers to thank for making his Central Catholic experience worthwhile. He said that Dr. Belardi and Mr. Campbell were some of the most important teachers in his education. Although he never had a class with Mrs. Lynch, he spends much of his free time in her room in the BRC, and he extended his thanks to her as well. Mr. Wilson, who helped him develop his musical talents in Central’s concert band, is another teacher who Ethan is grateful to have met.

One of the most important skills for success at Central Catholic, Ethan says, is the skill of time management. Being able to allot his time wisely helped him to be successful in his classes and maintain a healthy balance between school and other aspects of his life. This applies not only to academic fulfillment but to get the most out of high school in other ways, too. “You really want to enjoy your four years,” he says, “because they go by like that […] I know everyone says that, but it’s true.” He recalls multiple football games as being the highlights of his high school years, including the comeback against Pine Richland, and watching the Vikings play on Heinz Field in the WPIAL championship during his sophomore year.

Ethan will be going to Purdue University in the fall to study business, accounting, and finance. He is sure to succeed there as he has done in his time at Central. Congratulations, Ethan!