A Sit-Down with 2020-2021 Central Catholic Vice President Anderson Cynkar

2020-2021 Vice-President, all-around athlete, and rising Senior Anderson Cynkar on the field during a football game at Heinz Field. (Jake)

Junior Anderson Cynkar graduated from the eighth grade at Carlow Campus School before attending Central Catholic. He was a dedicated student-athlete in middle school, and continued on that track early on in high school. He has participated at a high level in both football and basketball since freshman year, as well as maintaining honors-level grades in challenging courses. He is a leader in the student body, evidenced by his in-school popularity and election success. Cynkar, along with future Student Body President Will Ray, won a close school election for President and Vice President for the upcoming school year.

Q: What gave you the idea to run for office here at Central?

A:  Ever since freshman year, it has been my goal to represent the student body through the student council. Going into my senior year, I recognized the opportunity to demonstrate my leadership as Vice President. I believe Will and I can be a great tandem and represent what Central is all about.

Q: What is something you would like readers of The Viking to know about you?

A: They should know that I am a hard worker, passionate about what I believe in, and just one of the guys. I am also a firm believer in Bigfoot.

Q: What are your thoughts on the football and basketball seasons for the 2020-2021 school year?

A: I’m very optimistic about both. We graduated many seniors on both teams, but there are plenty of younger athletes that can step up and fill their roles. I think both teams are capable of winning WPIAL Championships this year.

Q: How does your success in the classroom and on the field prepare you for the role of Vice President?

A: My course-load taught me valuable time management skills, which will help me plan events for the student body months in advance. On the field, my athletics taught me how to be a leader and be apart of something bigger than myself.

Q: Lastly, what can the student body expect from the Ray-Cynkar Administration this year?

A: They can expect Will and I to work to the best of our abilities in our student-government roles. We are looking to expand activities with Oakland catholic, as well as improve school spirit events. We also plan on doing new fundraisers to broaden our horizons and donate to the less fortunate. Most of all, we want to show the rest of the City what Central Catholic is all about.